Saturday, September 13, 2014

PERIODONTAL DISEASE TAKES NO HOLIDAY

PERIODONTAL DISEASE TAKES NO HOLIDAY

Ahhhhh … The year is coming to and end and it's time to think about the
 The New Year and Resolutions…

“I’m going to Floss everyday”,  ” I’m going to brush 3 times a day”…. 

Well the bacteria in your mouth have not taken the holidays off.  They live and replicate in the space between your tooth and gum called the sulcus.  They cause the gum to lose it’s attachment that protects the bone that holds your teeth in place.  As the bacteria collects deeper and deeper, the sulcus becomes a “pocket” that contains bacteria, toxins and the waste products of their existence.   Once established, it won’t matter how much you swish, floss, brush and rinse, your too late!!!.  You've got PERIODONTAL DISEASE , also called gum disease.  The bone holding your teeth in place has been compromised.  It’s time to get help.  Your Dentist and Dental Hygienist have Therapeutic Treatments to clean these pockets thoroughly so you can get back to basics:  SWISH with an anti-microbial mouthwash, FLOSS to remove food and bacteria and bring the mouthwash between your teeth and under your gums,  BRUSH to massage your gums and leave the tooth surfaces,  tongue,  plate and cheeks clean,  and then RINSE again.
 Ahhhhh…   your teeth will love you if you keep the following resolutions:
*    “I’m going to Floss everyday”
*    “I’m going to brush at least twice a day and try my best to brush 3 times a day”
*    “I’M GOING TO VISIT MY DENTIST FOR MY REGULAR 6 MONTH CHECK-UP( SO MY DENTIST CAN RECOMMEND IF I NEED TO COME IN MORE OFTEN )”
*    “I’M GOING TO KEEP SMILING BECAUSE I KNOW THAT MY MOUTH IS HEALTHY!!!”

In closing remember best way to keep your smile healthy and bright is to “swish, floss and brush” everyday and visit your dentist regularly!
  
If you would like me to write about a specific dental topic please email me at roberthwaldmandds@gmail.com.

Please visit my website, roberthwaldmandds.com, and you will find many helpful videos which will explain many dental treatments.

:)DR. ROB





                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment