Saturday, September 13, 2014

GETTING ANSWERS TO YOUR DENTAL QUESTIONS.....

GETTING TO KNOW YOU!

I was so excited when a BLOG reader contacted me and asked me what all this “swishing” was about, so I thought maybe other readers might have the same question.  This sparked a great idea, incorporating your dental questions into my column.

 I have set up a special email address roberthwaldmandds@gmail.com  just for you.  Please fee free to email me dental topics which you would like me to write about.

Here’s what all the fuss is about… more research every year shows links between gum disease and other medical disease like heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis and diabetes. Remember… prevention, prevention, prevention!!!
  SWISHING
  By first swishing vigorously with any liquid you loosen food and debris from around your teeth.
       Why not swish with something medicinal!  I like to recommend hydrogen peroxide 3%  
       found at any drug or food store. You may prefer minty mouthwashes (now available alcohol
       free), salt water, or even prescription mouth rinses.
  FLOSSING
  Not only are you removing food from between your teeth, you’re bringing the medicinal rinse in between your teeth. There are many floss aids available at your local drug or food stores.
  BRUSHING
  Gives your whole mouth a cleaning and massage also!
  Leaves your mouth clean and fresh.
  SWISH AGAIN (THE FINAL RINSE)
  Now is the appropriate time to rinse a final time with extra fluoride, the leading over the counter brand is ACT™.  It’s not just for kids!

I look forward to your emails and discussing relevant dental issues.  Remember, the best way to keep your smile healthy and bright is to Swish, Floss, Brush & Swish again, and of course visit your dentist regularly.

Please visit my website, roberthwaldmandds.com, and you will find many helpful videos which will explain many dental treatments.

:)DR. ROB

No comments:

Post a Comment